Does Laser Hair Removal work for treating ingrown hairs?
An ingrown hair is hair which grows underneath the skin and fails to produce a follicle that penetrates the skin. Want to know how to treat ingrown hairs? Look no further, iLuvo Beauty can offer free consultations and patch testing for all hair ailments and unwanted hair removal. Ingrown hairs can form in two separate ways. Laser Hair Removal for ingrown hairs is a great treatment to help avoid this issue. We offer leading advice on treating ingrown hairs. Below you will find our free advice all about ingrowing hairs. Hair ingrown treatment specialists are your best solution to treat ingrown hairs and remove unwanted facial hairs that are causing ingrown hair ailments.
- As hair is growing out of the follicle, it grows into the side wall of the follicle instead of penetrating through the skin surface.
- A layer of skin grows over the hair follicle opening resulting in the hair becoming trapped within the hair follicle.
It is common for ingrown hairs to develop after performing a hair removal process on a given area. The hair removal process causes inflammation and irritation of the skin. Soprano ICE Platinum excels at the treatment of ingrown hairs and helps to remove them altogether. For more advice about ingrowing hairs, keep reading.
What causes them to develop?
They can develop for several reasons; the most common reasons are:
- Hair Removal Methods Waxing, shaving, epilating, plucking, hair removal creams, etc. can all increase the likeliness of ingrown hair development.
- Wearing Tight Clothing Can sometimes increase the chances of ingrown hairs developing.
- People with Thick, Coarse, and Curly Hair may be more prone to ingrown hair development.
What do they look like?
Ingrown hairs can often be mistaken for small spots on the skin. Occasionally, you may see the hair growing below the skin.
If it becomes infected, a pustule can form which, if left untreated can lead to scarring or dark pigmentation of the skin.
They can become inflamed, sore, and irritated if not removed properly and they can lead to permanent scarring of the skin tissue.
Which areas of the body are they commonly found?
Ingrown hairs can develop anywhere on the body but are most found developing in the following areas:
- Facial (especially surrounding the beard area)
- Lower legs
- Bikini Line
How can you prevent ingrown hairs?
The following recommendations may help reduce the likeliness of ingrown hairs forming, for ingrown hair treatment, and treatment of ingrown hair.
- Use a moisturising solution that contains Salicylic Acid. The acid content can help gradually dissolve dead skin cells thus preventing overgrowth of the hair follicle.
- Exfoliating the skin can help to prevent ingrown hairs, however, over-exfoliating the skin can also contribute to ingrown hair development. Find the perfect balance.
- Apply a moisturiser daily to keep the skin well hydrated and help prevent ingrown hairs from forming.
- Avoid wearing any tight clothing on the affected area for extended periods of time.
- Lightly exfoliate the area 3-4 times a week using a high-quality exfoliating agent.
- Be gentle with your skin, and lightly exfoliate affected areas but don't overdo it.
Does laser hair removal help reduce ingrown hairs?
Laser hair removal is the best solution to reducing the occurrence of ingrown hairs in problem areas. Especially if you have coarse or curly hair and you find you have a recurring issue.
Because laser hair removal destroys the hair follicles at the source, the hair itself doesn't get a chance to become ingrown. Over time hairs become thinner and lighter decreasing the likelihood of this happening again.
Whilst Laser Hair Removal is not an overnight solution to this condition, over time it significantly reduces ingrown hairs and prevents them from forming in the first place.
How Would you normally treat them?
To treat ingrown hair, it is important that you follow recommended guidelines and procedures. Using the correct method will help avoid any permanent scarring, infections, and/or tissue damage to the skin surrounding the ingrown hair.
- It is important not to pull, pick, or tug on the skin. Doing so can cause additional irritation and result in infection.
- Cleanse the area of skin affected with a cleansing lotion and ensure that your hands and tweezers are cleaned thoroughly before proceeding.
- Before proceeding, apply a hot flannel or towel to the skin for a few minutes to soften the top layer of the skin before treatment.
- If using a pair of tweezers to remove the hair, be sure to disinfect the tips of the tweezers first to help prevent the chances of causing an infection.
- Using a pair of tweezers, locate and remove the ingrown hair slowly from the follicle.
- After successfully removing the ingrown hair, apply an antiseptic lotion to the surrounding area to help prevent infection.
- If you are unable to remove the hair, using tweezers, it is recommended that you regularly exfoliate the area until the hair has reached the surface.
- if you are attempting to treat ingrown hair on the face, avoid wearing makeup on the area for at least 24 hours.
You may experience a particular area of the body becoming continually affected by ingrown hairs. This can lead to long-term scarring and/or cause dark pigmentation of the skin.
Men's Necks and Ingrown Hairs
They often cause great discomfort for many men who regularly shave. Shaving of the neck area can often become irritated and inflamed, often resulting in ingrown hairs. Laser hair removal is the best treatment proven to reduce inflammation in this area. Laser hair removal quickly reduces the amount of hair on the front of the neck by destroying the hair follicles, the cause of this issue. With laser hair removal you can expect to see results quickly, usually within the first two or three treatments.
We have a dedicated team of leading experts in laser hair removal and skin conditions. We can help treat ingrown hairs, at our laser clinic in Victoria, London, the best Laser Hair Removal in London. If you suffer from these and would like to discuss potential treatment, why not get in touch? Or book a treatment now for your free consultation and patch test for laser hair removal with iLuvo Beauty! Does laser hair removal work for ingrown hairs? Yes, it does!